Date(s) - 15/07/2015
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
White Rock Theatre
We are very pleased to invite you to our next BRICK workshop in Hastings on 15 July 2015.
The day will focus on legal issues and funding options for heritage regeneration projects and, more generally, on ensuring a sustainable future for our historic buildings and sites.
Hastings has a number of fascinating heritage regeneration projects. We have picked our seafront venue because of its proximity to Hastings Pier, which is currently undergoing an impressive regeneration.
The workshop will include a series of presentations by national experts, including:
- Jess Steele, from Jericho Road Solutions, who will offer advice on dealing with community assets in difficult ownership
- A legal expert from Beswicks will talk about the legal issues that community groups working in partnership with the private sector may encounter
- Anne Kazimirski from New Philanthropy Capital will talk about measuring the impact of regeneration projects
- Toby Bennett from Spacehive will share examples of successful crowdfunding projects in England
- Simon Opie from Hastings Pier Charity will share their experience of the issues surrounding asset ownership and community shares.
More speakers will be announced shortly.
There will be plenty of time for you to meet each other, discuss your projects and specific regeneration topics during our group sessions.
If you need support with the online and digital promotion of your project, our Digital Assistant Claire will be holding a short BRICKwork surgery during the lunch break. To ensure that everyone can attend we keep our costs as low as possible. Early bird tickets cost £19 (including lunch). Travel bursaries are available for community groups (max £25 per person, two per organisation). Please apply by emailing us at
To ensure that everyone can attend we keep our costs as low as possible. Tickets cost £22 (including lunch). Travel bursaries are available for community groups (max £25 per person, two per organisation). Please apply by emailing us email@example.com.
After registration you will need to complete a brief survey. Information gathered from this survey will help us tailor the BRICK programme to suit the training needs of the heritage regeneration sector.
For any other questions or suggestions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring (during office hours) on 020 3262 0560.
We hope you can join us at our workshop in Hastings.
The BRICK team
Bookings are closed for this event.