Date(s) - 29/06/2017
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
We would like to invite you to our next workshop in Brymbo, North Wales on 29 June 2017. This exciting day will focus on topics relating to governance, procurement and project management, all essential to the proper planning for reusing heritage sites. The day will also feature presentations on a range of heritage regeneration projects, all at different stages of their project journey.
The event will take place at Brymbo Ironworks, where a project is underway to develop the former iron and steelworks and accompanying 300 million year old fossilised forest area into a visitor attraction, learning centre and business hub. There will be an opportunity to tour this fascinating site on the day and learn about Brymbo’s rich heritage.
The workshop will include a range of presentations by national experts:
- Richard Bellamy, Head of Heritage Lottery Fund Wales, who will talk about becoming fit for funding
- DCA Consultants will discuss the pleasures and pitfalls of procurement
- The Prince’s Regeneration Trust’s Laura Norris, who will deliver a beginner’s guide to governance
- Jeremy Stone, Associate Director of Greenwoods, will share their invaluable advice on how to get the best out of your project manager
- Representatives of the Cadwgan Building Preservation Trust will talk about the award-winning project to restore Cardigan Castle and turn it into a thriving visitor attraction.
The full agenda for the day can be found here.
We also ensure that there is plenty of time for you to meet each other, discuss your projects and specific regeneration topics during our group sessions.
To make sure that everyone is able to come, we keep our costs as low as possible. Tickets cost just £19 (including lunch). Travel bursaries are available for representatives of community groups (max £25 per person, two per organisation). Please apply by emailing us at email@example.com.
As a part of registration, you need to complete a brief survey. Information gathered from this survey will help us tailor the BRICK programme to suit the training needs within the heritage regeneration sector.
PLEASE NOTE: this workshop will be taking place on a building site of an on-going restoration project. We advise you to bring warm clothing and stout footwear. Toilet facilities are limited on site and may require use of the neighbouring Enterprise Centre. If you have access requirements please contact us prior to booking as there are limitations to the site.
For any other questions or suggestions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring (during office hours) on 020 7613 8528.